Nautical charts are available in their most current and updated form at http://www.charts.noaa.gov
Free Chartplotter and GPS Navigation Software is available at www.openCPN.org
Free Chart Viewing Software – Caris Easy View – is available at www.caris.com
Wilmington City Docking Information
Wilmington has four separate public docking areas along the downtown riverfront:
Market Street Landing (approx. 300′)
HIlton Docks (approx. 550′)
Coastline Docks (approx. 260′)
Conlon Docks (approx. 230′)
Reservation are required and may be made by contacting the City Dockmaster at 910-520-6875.
Click HERE to view City of Wilmington’s Docking information page
Cape Fear Marina
1701 J.E.L. Wade Drive, 910-762-1256
1-1/2 miles north on NE Cape Fear River
Wilmington Marine Center
3410 River Road, 910-395-5055
4-1/2 miles south
Cape Fear Boat Works (service only)
1690 NE Royster Rd., Leland, 910-371-3460
4-1/2 miles north on Cape Fear River
Point Harbor Marina
1552 Point Harbor Rd., 910-763-7820
1-1/2 mile north on NE Cape Fear River
Port City Marina
10 Harnett Street, 910-251-6151
1/2-1 mile north on NE Cape Fear River
Things To Do
(Click on any link for more information)
- Dine at one of more than 50 fine restaurants within walking distance!
- Tour the Battleship North Carolina!
- Take a dinner cruise on the Henrietta III
- Take a dinner cruise on Wilmington’s “The Fast Cat”
- Try one of the many walking tours – Ghosts and Movies!
- Enjoy Bob Jenkins’ Famous historic Walking Tour!
- Take a Horse and Buggy tour through the Historic District
- Stroll along the Riverwalk – over one mile long!
- Shop at the Historic Cotton Exchange or other Downtown Shops
- Surf the Web – Free WiFi downtown (ad-supported )
- Visit the Cape Fear Museum (9 blocks from the river )
- Sit on your boat with an evening cocktail and watch the beautiful sunsets!
- Enjoy yourselves you’ll come back soon!
- Cruise the Black Waters of the Cape Fear and Northeast Cape Fear Rivers
- Explore Smith Creek in your dinghy