Adoption, Foster Care, and Other Child Related Issues
Find resources on adopting or fostering a child, raising the child of a relative, finding and paying for quality childcare, and receiving child support. Get help for a runaway teenager or one who’s thinking of running away.
Xổ số miền bắc 2
Xổ số miền bắc 2
, children live outside of their own home, either temporarily or on a long-term basis, with a relative instead of their parents.
If you are providing kinship care for a child and need support for your family, consider these resources:
Benefits and Financial Assistance
Child Care and Additional Resources
- Know what to look for when selecting a child care provider.
- Learn about how the child welfare system can help with .
Report Child Abuse and Neglect
Xổ số miền bắc 2Each state has an agency that receive and investigate reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. Find out how to in your State.
to help you evaluate the quality of providers and centers as you visit or interview them.Find out if the child care provider is licensed in your state. Ask to see a copy of the state license when you visit.Consider these .Ask your potential child care provider about their .Learn how military families can .
Find Help Paying for Child Care
Xổ số miền bắc 2Use these resources to find affordable services in your area:
- State agencies offer child care assistance to eligible families. Eligibility and how to apply varies by state. Learn more from your .
- promotes school readiness for children under five through education, health, social, and other services. Families with an income at or below the poverty level may be eligible for the programs. You can find a .
- Use Child Care Aware’s to see how child care costs affect your monthly budget.
- You may be eligible for child care tax credits:
- - If you paid someone to care for your child so you could work, your child and dependent care expenses could help you reduce your federal income tax.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) - If you earn a low to moderate income, the EITC can help you by reducing the amount of tax you owe.
Xổ số miền bắc 2
is the creation of a new, permanent relationship between an adoptive parent and child. Once this happens, there is no legal difference between a child who is adopted and a child who is born into a family.
Foster care is a form of “” care. Children in out-of-home care may live in relatives' homes, non-family related foster homes, treatment foster homes, or group or residential care.
How to Become an Adoptive or Foster Family
These programs can help you learn more about adoption and foster parenting:
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - offers the , where you can find resources by state, as well as information about , including kinship care and residential and group care
- - information for U.S. citizens adopting children from abroad, and families in other countries adopting U.S. children. Learn about
Emotional and Health Aspects of Adoption and Foster Care
- find links to adoption and foster care resources from a medical perspective to help you, your foster or adopted child, and your other children adapt to change
Get Help Collecting Child Support
Xổ số miền bắc 2Child support is the monthly amount a court orders a child’s noncustodial parent to pay the parent with primary custody. It helps pay for a child’s needs on a daily basis, from food and housing to clothing and medical needs.
Learn About Child Support
You can apply through your state for child support services if you have primary custody of your child and need help to:
You will automatically get a referral for child support services if you get help from any of these programs:
How to Get Child Support
Xổ số miền bắc 2To get help with child support, follow these steps:
Xổ số miền bắc 2Contact your .
you’ll need to present with your application.
Complete an application from your state.
If you can't resolve the problem through your local office, check these .
Xổ số miền bắc 2In most cases, the state or local government manages problems like nonpayment. If you know the location of a noncustodial parent who may be behind in their payments, reach out to .
Child Support Enforcement Abroad
Xổ số miền bắc 2For questions about child support payments from or to someone in another country, search OCSE's . There may be a state or national agreement to provide child support services with the country in question. If you need further help, .
Help for Runaway and Homeless Youth
Xổ số miền bắc 2The National Runaway Safeline (NRS) works to help keep America's runaway and at-risk youth safe and off the streets.
Call the NRS at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929Xổ số miền bắc 2) if you are:
- A who is thinking of running away from home
- A of someone who has run away and are looking for help
- A runaway ready to go home through the
- Looking for information on how you can help someone who may be at risk of running away from home
Xổ số miền bắc 2If you aren't ready to call, visit the to live chat, email the crisis center, or post to the bulletin board.
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Xổ số miền bắc 2Last Updated:
November 23, 2020