Xổ số miền bắc 2Before you buy insurance, do your homework. Find out what factors matter so that you can get the coverage you need at the best price.
Check Out the Insurance Company
- Check with your state's insurance department for information about insurance companies and agents.
- Make sure the insurance company has a license and covered by the state’s guaranty fund. The fund pays claims in case the company defaults. Your state insurance department can provide this information.
- Check the financial stability and soundness of the insurance company with credit rating agencies.
- Read reviews from current customers.
- Make sure you receive a written policy. This confirms that the agent forwarded your premium to the insurance company. If you don't receive a policy within 60 days, contact your agent and the insurance company.
How to Find the Best Insurance Rates
- Compare quotes from several companies.
- Get discounts for safety features. Tell the insurer if you have safety features in your home (alarm system, smoke detectors) or car (anti-lock brakes).
- Ask if you qualify for auto insurance discounts because of your age, good grades, or driving record.
- Look for discounts through a civic or alumni association.
- You may get lower rates if you have more than one policy with the same company.
- Consider a higher deductible. You may save on your premium by increasing your deductible by a few hundred dollars.